glib poll complaint in 1.20 still not resolved

Thanks to all who made suggestions about my problem with the poll
statement in main routine.  For those who are not familiar with what I
am tracking down, in glib, the configure program hunts for a "poll"
statement for proper definition in the compile based on the underlying
OS. For solaris-1, aka sun-os 4.1.4, poll is implemented in the os as a
macro, not a c library routine.  Currently straight off the ftp site,
this will compile with minor complaints upto the poll call in the main
routine.

I tried replacing all of the following first:
libtool
binutils
autoconf
automake
ld
m4

Then I tried the re-configure, I tried to undef the poll statements in
the configure generated header files, then I tried to simply comment
them out.  But to no avail.  I still get a fatal error on the call to
poll from gcc.

If anyone has sucessfully managed to compile glib without a poll,
(implied by the configure and header files) would you please give me
some hints about what you did differently.

Mike