Best way to access 12 widgets?

Hello. This is my first post to this list. :)

I have a question on how to access 12 toggle buttons. I want to be able to
set the sensitivity of these buttons interactively, and when a thirteenth
button is pressed, I want to poll the status of these buttons on whether
they're down or not.

Any ideas on the best way to do this? I looked at the gimp source, and it
looks like they declared a structure of widgets. I'm wondering if there's
a better way.

Thanks!

Craig Maloney  (craig@ic.net)    http://ic.net/~craig

Mary had a little lamb, a little beef, a little ham.