Re: [gtk-list] Re: Software design question (pthread or special widget)?

[...]
>But I still need to fork (or pthread) off a new process to do the MIDI
>polling.  No?
>
>I was wondering if there's a way to link up with whatever kind of
>poller/scheduler/event handler that GTK has ... but for MIDI events
>instead of screen/X events.  A GtkMIDI widget would be pretty darn cool!
[...]

Can't you just open an fd to your MIDI device, and attach a callback to it? So
that every time data arrives at the fd, your routine gets called?

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+ "There does not now, nor will there ever,
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+ --- Flon's Axiom