clist new features

We are writing an app that will look a lot like the Microsoft Works database.  We have done this before commercially and will complete the job.

Clist is great and has cut the job in half compared to our macintosh implementation.

Our problem is that we would like to be able to make some of the records in the clist invisible.  This would occur as a result of the "match" menu
item, or "filters" or "queries".

I don't see how this can be done with the current clist.  Am I missing something?

If the feature isn't there, we are thinking of adding it.  Would you consider the following commands a valuable addition to clist?  Might they become
part of the toolkit if we do it right?

Function: void gtk_clist_set_row_invisible (GtkCList *clist, gint row)

Function: void gtk_clist_set_row_visible (GtkCList *clist, gint row)

Function: void gtk_clist_set_all_rows_invisible (GtkCList *clist)

Function: void gtk_clist_set_all_rows_visible (GtkCList *clist)

Finally, we understand that modifying clist is a major project.  Would you care to estimate how many hours something like this might take?