Re: [gtk-list] glib header errors...

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, VANHULLEBUS Yvan wrote:

> Hello.
>
> First, please excuse my poor english....
>

> A few month ago, I installed gtk 1.0.6 on Sparcs running
> Solaris 2.5.
>
> All worked fine, but when interesting programms requested a
> 1.1.10> version, I wanted to install gtk/glib V1.1.12, and
> I had problems during gtk compilation (sorry, I don't have them
> any more).
>
> I tried with 1.1.11 and 1.1.10 (but glib was still 1.1.12), and
> got the same result.
>

> After, I tried with version 1.1.16 , same results...
>

> Here, I downloaded V 1.2, installed glib, and got the same result
> when compiling gtk, but, when I restarted 'make' (to log errors),
> the compilation finished !!!!
>
> I ran 'make install', and, now, gtk programms already compiled are
> working fine.....
>
> But, (of course... there is a problem :((( ), when I try to compile new
> programms (or recompile programms already installed), I always get
> lots of errors...

it would be helpfull if you'd post the exact error messages here.

> After a first look, I saw that glibconfig.h was not present, and installed
> it manually, but the problems are still here....

glibconfig.h should be installed $(prefix)/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h,
and programs that compile against glib should be able to tell the
exact location by using either of AM_PATH_GLIB() in configure.in or
`glib-config --cflags` in their Makefile.

> Then, I found a strange think: GDestroyNotify is used in many
> files, but I can't find its declaretion anywhere !!!!
>
> For example, it's used in glib.h, but not defined in it or in it's
> included files....

in glib.h from the 1.2 distribution, GDestroyNotify is defined in line 750 as

typedef void            (*GDestroyNotify)       (gpointer       data);

> VANHULLEBUS Yvan.

---
ciaoTJ