Compiling problems with glib.

I was installing glib 1.2 on a redhat 5.2 machine and had the make bomb out
in the gthreads directory because of undefined functions. (it was
gthread-posix.c) I checked the include files and found pthread.h basically
empty with another include to <pthread/mit/pthread.h> if _MIT_POSIX was
defined. I had to change the include to that mit pthread to get it to work.
Is that a common setup for pthread and is there any way to make configure
detect this and use the correct one?
Thanks in advance...

Jt Gleason		"It was subtle of God to learn Greek when he wished"
glea0015@itlabs.umn.edu "to become an author--and not to learn it better."
			-Nietzsche