Compile problem with gcc 2.8.1

Hi,

On my Redhat 5.2 box, I'm having trouble compiling some software with gcc 2.8.1.
Some programs compile and run fine, but running others gives the following error:

[lyndon@beat esound-0.2.7]$ ./esdmon
esdmon: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

While this example is for esdmon, I get an identical error message with any glib
test programs.  I'm not sure, but I think this may be something to do with
libtool.  BTW, I compiled linux 2.2.2 with gcc 2.8.1 and it runs perfectly.  I
got 2.8.1 as an rpm off contrib.redhat.com.

Also, I tried the egcs packages off the RH 5.2 cd, and got the same errors when
trying to run programs.

[lyndon@beat src]$ uname -a
Linux beat 2.2.2 #7 SMP Sun Feb 28 18:47:12 NZDT 1999 i686 unknown

This is with glib 1.2.

Lyndon

PGP signature