Re: [gtk-list] Accessing struct fields [was: Re: Method to query toggle button state?]

> Fact is that GTK+ frequently requires read and/or write
> access to struct fields for which there is no gtk_*_get_* or
> gtk_*_set_* function available (eg, for most fields of
> adjustment objects).

This was the major thing that turned me off when I first looked
at GTK+.  I'd guess that most people who've had much OO programming
experience would have the same reaction.

It'd be really great if this got fixed, since it's likely that GTK+
is the first exposure many people have to OO techniques, and this sets
a bad example for them.