Signal handler for expose_event

Hi.

Is there a way of passing data to a handler for an expose_event?

I'm trying to use the gtk_gl_area widget in order to draw two-dimensional
graphics in a GTK+ based application.

The routine that draws the graphics needs some additional data that I
don't want to store in global or static variables. So I hoped I could
send a pointer to this additional data by passing it to the gtk_signal_connect
function like this:

  gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(this->grafik), "expose_event",
		     GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(RedrawGraphics), additional_data);

If I'm not mistaken, the additional_data field seems to be ignored for
an expose_event. Instead, the handler will get a pointer to a GdkEventExpose.

Best regards,
cu, Steffen 8-)

--
Steffen Boerm