Re: [gtk-list] install glib

Hi,

>     I try to install glib_1.2.3 and gtk+1.2.3.
>
> I found this after run configure for gtk_1.2.3
>
> checking for thread implementation... posix
> checking for pthread_attr_init in -lpthread... no
> checking for pthread_attr_init in -lpthreads... no
> checking for pthread_attr_init in -lc_r... no
> checking for pthread_attr_init... no
> checking for __d10_pthread_attr_init in -lthread... no
> checking for __pthread_attr_init_system in -lpthread... no
> configure: error: I can't find the libraries for the thread implementation
>                 posix. Please choose another thread implementation or
>                 provide information on your thread implementation.
>                 You can also run 'configure --disable-threads'
>                 to compile without thread support.
>
> so I use configure --disable-threads,
> make
> make install
>
> it seems that everything is OK.

If you want thread support, get the proper libs. it sounds like you're using
some linux setup with libc5. If not, and is a proper posix thread system
installed on your computer, please mail me with the details.

> But, while running configure for gtk+1.2.3, it told me that my glib is
> not >= ver 1.2.3

It sounds like you're having an old glib-config and/or libglib lying around
somewhere in your PATH (LD_LIBRARY_PATH). Which of both depends on the exact
error message, that you didn't tell us. remove all leftovers from old glib
installations.

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå