Re: [gtk-list] Regarding GTK+ program size ...

Thus spoke William R Pentney
>  I am new to GTK+, and while I find it very useful, it seems to result in
> some compiled binaries of ridiculous size. The "Hello World" example in
> the GTK+ tutorial, for example, comes out to about 300K when I compile it.
> Is there any way to reduce the mammoth size of GTK+ compiled binaries?

Might depend on the version being used for your OS, but I tend to think
this is because your building static binaries.  My XNotesPlus only builds
to about 190k stripped and dynamically linked on Linux.  It's well over 1Mb
when built statically.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |  I don't have an attitude problem.  You have a