Re: [gtk-list] Regarding GTK+ program size ...

> Hello -
>
>  I am new to GTK+, and while I find it very useful, it seems to result in
> some compiled binaries of ridiculous size. The "Hello World" example in
> the GTK+ tutorial, for example, comes out to about 300K when I compile it.
> Is there any way to reduce the mammoth size of GTK+ compiled binaries?

*My* hello world compiled to 138948 bytes.  But if you "strip" the binary,
removing all debugging symbols, it gets knocked down to a sensational 4960
bytes, which should be more than enough of a reduction, I trust?  To reduce
executable sizes, use -02 and other optimisations, and strip the binary
afterwards.