Re: [gtk-list] Re: How to set scrollbar values? (gtk limitation?)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Richard Ekle wrote:
> One possible solution that I've seen done in some
> Windows programs is to display a tooltip as you move
> the scrollbar that shows the value at that point.  (As
> to how to do it in GTK, I have no idea...)

If you want to do this, look at guppi2/src/libguppi/fixedtip.[hc] - this
is a tooltip-like thing, but you control its location and visibility
manually.

Gnumeric also has such a thing.

It sounds like a GtkScale, GtkSpinButton, or GtkCalendar might be more
appropriate for getting a numeric value from a user though.

Havoc