How to create a window that never gets the focus but gets mouse events?

I have a system with a touchscreen and no keyboard. Now I'd like to have a
program that displays a keyboard on the screen and lets the user type text by
tapping on the screen (instead of a keyboard it could also be something like a
graffiti input device). This program will then either generate synthetic
keyboard events or use a special X input device to generate the keyboard
events. The main problem is that the window that displays the keyboard should
never get the focus or any keyboard events, it should only get mouse events.
How can I create such a window in GTK?

Thanks, Claudio

Claudio Fleiner                                    fleiner@icsi.berkeley.edu