Odd behavior in Edit widget

Using an NDS X-terminal shows an unusual problem in the edit
widget that I'm hoping someone has already figured out.
(I havent seen this occur on any other brand terminal)

When you go into an edit box, the cursor will flash on the
correct position, them move about an inch to the right and
stay there(a wrong position). This occurs when using the
arrow keys to move left/right. It makes it difficult to use
the entry widget on this terminal.

There are no signals attached, just a simple entry field that
the data is read after another button gets clicked.