Knowing when a clist's selection changes

Hi,

I've got a clist in extended mode, and I need to call a function whenver
the selection changes. At the moment, I've attached my function to both
the "select_row" and "unselect_row" signals. This *almost* works. The
problem is that if I have one item selected, and click on another one, my
function gets called twice (once for the selection of the new item, and
once for the un-selection of the old item). Doing extended selects is even
worse. If I have a bunch of items selected, and then click on a new item
(de-selecting all of the selected items), I get an "unselect_row" signal
for *every* item.

All I want is to be notified that a selection event (posibly involving
multiple items) has occurred. I can't see any way to do this. Perhaps a
new signal should be added?

Mike