help w/ gtk_timeout_add

// long...

Hello all,

 I'm having troubles using gtk_timeout_add in C++ (VDK variety).  I
have a program in C that runs fine using gtk_timeout_add.
However, in C++/VDK I get some warnings I'm confused about and
when the program runs it eats up all the CPU and is very sluggish.
I'm fairly sure the problem is gtk_timeout_add cause I'm using
canvaswin.cc (VDK) as example code.
I'm not an expert at C++, so perhaps it's just a C++ thing.

 First off, are there any example of using gtk_timeout_add in C++?

Here's my attempt:

timerId = gtk_timeout_add ( 10 , AntWin::timeout_fn,this);

The warning I get is:
antwin.cc:90: warning: converting from `gint (AntWin::*)(void *)'
to `gint (*)(void *)'

Should I just post the whole code?  It's kinda big...

  Txs for any help,
     Kurt