Re: [gtk-list] General GDK cluelessness (on my part)

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 08:35:19PM -0500, Rob Huffstedtler wrote:

> 3) Does anyone have some sample code that uses GDK that isn't a huge
> application like GIMP?

I use many of the gdk routines in the Gnome Stripchart Plotter app,
since I wrote this before the advent of the Gnome Canvas widget.  This
provides a real-world example of parsing and allocating colors,
getting a colormap, allocating and unref'ing a pixmap for use as
backing store, drawing lines to the pixmap, and copying the resultant
image to a window.  While not a tiny app at 2KLOC, it's a good deal
smaller than the Gimp.

It's in the gnome CVS repository under

    gnome/gnome-utils/gstripchart/gstripchart.c

-- John Kodis.