Re: [gtk-list] Re: Ataching data to a widget

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> Out of curiosity, is there a reason for the use of "full" instead of
> "function" (for example)?  It would help me to remember these function names
> if I knew the association.

"full" is used throughout glib, gdk, and gtk to mark the
"low-level" version of the function that comes with all possible
parameters, vs. the convenience wrappers that omit the rarely-used
parameters. It's not always just a destroy function; look at
gtk_signal_connect_full() for example.

Havoc