Re: [gtk-list] Slowness of c++]

On Tue, 01 Jun 1999, you wrote:

>Hey Kurt,
>
>I took a look at VDK just yesterday.
>That thing almost kill my machine, it was clawling.
>
>You probably like the feel of VDK, but the tool doesn't cut it (just yet).
>
>I would usu C++ and GTK+, or if you'ld like a GUI tool use GLADE. It has no
>build in editor, but it saves a bit of time building the GUI.
>
>Cheers

i suppose you used testvdk program that is the most comprehensive one and that
tests almost all vdk features.
Well, on my box : PII 200 mhz with 64 mb of RAM testvdk never eats  more than
15% of cpu time (peek) and never more than 4% of ram.
VDK has more than 200 user at this time, nobody reported me slowness problem
neither system killing.
However everyone is free to use whatever tool he/she prefere,
i'm aware to make vdk better and better, resolve problems and fix bugs, but
please i can't fight with generic and undocumented complains.

regards
/mario

--
Mario Motta