Re: [gtk-list] Localization

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Brad Pepers wrote:

> Sorry if this is a generic question or not really gtk+ oriented
> but I did see the gtk_set_locale call and thought there was perhaps
> something included in gtk.

This is really a general question; look for:

. POSIX and standard C library localization facilities; GNU libc reference
   manual, Kernighan & Ritchie, your favorite Unix programming book.

. GNU gettext manual

You might want to call gtk_set_locale() early in your program, GNOME does
this for you automatically though if you're using the GNOME libraries.

Havoc