Re: [gtk-list] Lower level mapping for animation.

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, John C Atkeson wrote:

> I'm interested in animating in a window using gtk.  Of course for speed I
> need a minimum of drawing overhead...

You can allocate shared memory GdkImage's and just scribble on the video
memory. I did this (quick and dirty ;) with the DarcNes emulator. Check out
ui_gtk.c in the sources to see how it's done.

m.

--
"How wonderful! How mysterious                                   Programmer
 I carry wood! I draw water!"                   Loki Entertainment Software