Downloading GTK 1.2

Hello

I am a relatively new Linux user.  I need some basic level help with GTK and
GLIB I think.

I downloaded a program called IglooFTP, V.9.  I downloaded the RPM file.  I
am using this on Caldera Linux 1.3.  I noticed it said that I had to have GLIB
and GTK > 1.2.  Going into XRPM, I notice that my GTK is less than V1.2.  I do
not see GLIB listed anywhere in XRPM.  I am using KDE, and things work well.  I
tried to install the downloaded RPM for IglooFTP, but it failed, something
about dependencies.  I tries to force an install, but it also didn't work.

I think I should be installing the latest version of GTK and GLIB, but I am not
sure if I can install these on Caldera 1.3.  I do NOT want to mess up all the X
and KDE stuff that no works fine, yet I want to be able to use the latest
software.  I went to the GTK site.  I went to their ftp site, and to their
current 1.2 directory.  I went to the BINARY section, because I cannot take the
source and compile it.  I am not that experienced.  Then from the BINARY
directory, I click on RPMs, and from there, all there is are 5.2 binaries.  I
do not have Red Hat, and I don't want to overwrite my old GOOD gtk, with a
newer one that doesn't work.

I guess I have 2 basic questions.

1.  Where is the proper place to get the newest gtk and glib for Caldera 1.3

2.  I don't see glib when I do an rpm listing.  Do I have it?  Do I need it?

Thank you

Harry

 --
Rexdale Bowlerama