Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk/Perl Viewport question

Lupus,

> Meanwhile you can create your own adjustments with something like:
>
> $vadj = new Gtk::Adjustment(0, 0, 10, 0.1, 1, 1);
>
> Class means that the first param to the function is (to put ii simply)
> the module name: perl does it for you when you use the syntax:
>
>         new Gtk::Adjustment(...);
> or
>         Gtk::Adjustment->new(...);

Thanks, that is what I needed!  I did figure it out before you replied. . .but
your feedback is very much appreciated.

> You simply call $adj->set_value($new_value): the viewport should
> update accordingly.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. . .I was going to ask you about that but
something always came up in the back of my mind like "hey, what about this". .
. .lucky you :).  Regardless, what I actually needed was

$my_viewport->draw(undef);

> Anyway I think you should be using Gtk::ScrolledWindow for that kind
> of stuff.

    I kind of wanted to stay away from the Scrolled window because my idea is
something entirely different. . .I want the program to scroll through
information and not the user.  Why?  It is *supposed* to be like the LED news
tickers you see everywhere, but interactive. . .something to sit in the
background and provide the user with info, kind of like slashapp but hopefully
more robust in its final form.  Again, I do really appreciate your help, even
if it wasn't exactly what I needed it got me thinking in the right direction.
    Cheers,
        Michael Benedict

--
to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion