gthread and pthread

I have found a strange behavior of menubar when I used libgthread
and libpthread simultaneously(and maybe mistakenly).

I needed to create a simple thread in my app., and used libpthread
as well as libgthread.
Consequently, the menubar behaved oddly.
When I clicked on the menubar, the sub-menu didn't show up and my
app. never responded to any events.
I guess that it might be a conflict between pthread and gthread.

The question is, what should I do when I want to creat threads?
The libgthread doesn't offer full functions to do it.
But using libpthread would cause library conflitcts.

Thanks

--
Chungfan Kim / ckim@jaist.ac.jp
"Man needs, for his happiness, not only the enjoyment of this or that,