GLADE question

  I've started to build the UI for an application using glade. Since I
cannot find any documents which tell me how to do what I need, I'm asking
the list.

  First, my understanding is that I need to make each element of the
interface separately. That is, the main window has a menu bar on the top
(but I cannot figure out how to add the menu) and a status bar on the bottom
(again, don't know how to put anything there) with the main area between the
two. In this main area, I want a CList (three columns) on the left half and
a 3-tab notebook on the right half. I can build the CList, but it takes up
an entire window. How do I specify that these components are all supposed to
fit together in a specific way and get them to be the correct size and
placement?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  U.S.A.
+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax)
rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
           Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.