Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk-- FAQ: first draft available

In message <19990722173549.A13049@micropp.se>Lars Hallberg writes
>On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 02:26:11PM +0200, Robert_Gasch/PeopleSoft@peoplesoft.c
>om wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> as promised, I've started working on the draft for the Gtk-- FAQ. You can
>> see what I have so far at
>>
>> http://www.peoplesoft.com/peoplepages/g/robert_gasch/terraform/Gtk--FAQ
>>
>> I would appreciate any comments or additions you guys have.
>
>Q 1.7 shuld note exceptions as an exceptions to the answer. If an
>exceptions is trown in a callback it must be cached in the same
>calback. If an exception pass thru GTK++:s C code it will most
>likly trash GTK++ state more or less seriusly. Memoryleek and lose
>of other resorces may add to the injury...

We are trying to prevent this right?

void foo()
  {
    throw SomeException;
  }

main()
  {
    connect_to_function(button.pressed,&foo);
    button.pressed();
  }

Because try/catch arround the emit will still trash gtk+?

Should Gtk-- place a try/catch block arround the calls to the user
callbacks that catchs all to an error message or let it
crash GTK+ and hopefully fall through as an uncaught exception?

Or alternatively can we write a gtk_signal_exception_cleanup
function that can clean up the mess?

--Karl