Re: [gtk-list] glib

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:26:05 -0400 (EDT), chris dean wrote:
> I am very new to linux and I need glib1.2.2 to run xmms. I tried to follow
> the directions it gives me but I dont know how to "unpack the sources, build
> glib, and install glib" what do I do to finish install glib?

The easiest way is to check out if your distribution has a sufficiently
new package of glib and gtk. Both RedHat and Debian come with glib and
gtk 1.2.3, if you just install those packages you don't have to compile
them yourself.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl