[gtk-list] Re: C/GTK+ versus C++/GTK--/QT

Since I use Qt (little experience with GTK but a lot with Motif)
I add a comment in this thread.

I decided to test Qt some months ago I am must say I am not
looking forward the day I have to do some coding in C++ and
Motif (Or Xt in general) again. It doesn't matter that much using
static methods for accessing the object but it doesn't feel right :)

Qt is really easy to learn (I have "learned" a number of widget
sets over the years) It is easy to build dialogs with proper
alignments etc (comparing with std Motif). I don't dare to think how
long time I would have used making this dialog
http://home.sol.no/~espensa/khexedit/hexprint.gif in Motif.

I have made my own message passing system which I use in
Motif programs. There is not such need in Qt where I can use
the signal/slot mechanism instead.

Another nice feature with Qt is of course the good documentation.
Although the O'Reiily X window system Guides 1-6 are valuable,
I find online documentation much better and easy to use. Good
documentation will lower the barrier when learning something new.

--
Espen Sand, Research Scientist
Norsk Elektro Optikk A/S, http://www.neo.no