Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK questions

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, David Orme wrote:
> > 1) How do you add a *new* signal to an object at runtime?
>
> (All signals are added at runtime - I assume you mean "after the class
> initialization function.") It looks like you can do it the same way you
> add signals in the class init function, but I doubt this particular code
> path is well-tested so it might not work too well. I'm not sure if it's
> officially supported or not.
>
> > 2) Is there a way you can enumerate the signals that a GTK+ object
> > supports at runtime?
> >

> I guess you could get the signals from object->klass->signals (and
> object->klass->nsignals) then gtk_signal_query() each one...
> maybe there's a better way.

Hmmmmmm......, maybe this will do what I need to do...

Another (somewhat related) question: is there an easy way to clone a GTK
object.  ie: the equivalent of a C++ copy constructor?

Thanks,

Dave

--
David Orme                                       LINUX...
david@coconut-palm-software.com          ...it already goes there