Re: [gtk-list] rfc: exceptions (code included)

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 20:56:31 +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> This project has to be robust, thus I thought exceptions would be a good way
> of handling errors. GLIB did not yet include exceptions support (at least in
> 1.2.3, and 1.3.0)
>
> Since glib includs all other functionality I need (hashtables,
> length-encoded-string handling etc.) I thought it would be much easier to
> extend glib, than to write my own library.
>
> So you'll find my exception code attached to this mail (it's about 2k
> compressed, so I am sending this in), any comments, suggestions welcome. I
> would be very glad seeing it included in glib.

At first glance this looks rather useable, does it behave like C++
exceptions? IMHO this should be included in GLIB.

Erik

PS: The original message was sent to gtk-devel-list but it showed up at
  the gtk-list. I don't know if that was the intention or if it was a
  mailinglist error, so I send the answer to both gtk-devel-list as well
  as gtk-list. Appologies if this message appears twice at the gtk-list.

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl