Re: Question about GtkTypeInfo

Juan Pablo Romero <jpablo@netservice.com.mx> writes:

> I am trying to set the button's shadow of the combo widget to
> GTK_SHADOW_NONE, but I think the only place one can do that is in
> 'gtk_combo_init' :(

I don't understand why you would need to do this.

How the shadow is drawn is completely a function
of your draw_shadow() function. Your draw_shadow()
function can do:

 if (widget && widget->parent && GTK_IS_COMBO (widget->parent))
   shadow_type == GTK_SHADOW_NONE;

Not exactly pretty, but certainly prettier
than modifying the GtkCombo class.

People have resorted to some pretty bad hacks to
achieve effects in themes that aren't possible
otherwise, but you don't need to do that here.

Regards,
                                        Owen