Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:06:51 +0300 (EEST)
From: Alexandru Harsanyi <haral@codec.ro>
To: gtk-app-devel-list@redhat.com
Subject: selecting an item in a tree widget

Hi,

I'm trying to create a tree widget that has an item selected when the
window is popped up. I set up the tree widget (with all the subwidgets)
and than select the item I want. Unfortunately both gtk_tree_select_item
and gtk_tree_select_child cause a core dump when they are called.

I tried to modify the tree.c example to select an item implicitedly, in
the gtk 1.2 distribution and got the same effect.

I tried selecting the item both before and after invoking gtk_widget_show
and both at the time of their creation and after the whole tree was set up
and all the time I got the core dump.

I also tried to seletc just the item via a gtk_item_select call, but that
selects the item just visually. When I click on the item I receive a
"select-item" signal, and the item get's deseceted. This approach also
coredumps after a few tries.

Best regards,
alex.

PS I'm using gtk+ 1.2.1 on a RH6.0 box.