Creating the root tree node in a Gtk-- Gtk_CTree

In gtk+, it's possible to specify that you want to add a node at the
root of the tree by specifying a NULL parent node.

When this is wrapped by Gtk--, the parent and sibling pointers are
replaced by references.

So -- how can I go about putting a node at the root, or as the last
child of a node, in Gtk--?  If you can point me to a good example of
using Gtk_CTrees, I'd appreciate it!

thanks,
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002