Re: [gtk-list] Re: Widget questions

>>     I don't think that such a widget exist (but I may be wrong).
>>     Adding a validator should not be so difficult (it could be
>>     a glib object).
>
>  Sigh. I was hoping to not write my own. I thought that with all sorts of
>data entry front ends out there, someone would have already invented the
>wheel.:-)
>
>  Why a widget? If I call a C function wouldn't that run faster? I suppose
>that I'd also have to have a table with masks for each field and do the
>comparison against the applicable mask for each character entered in the
>field. Groan! This looks like a major project in itself!

    A C function (called on the "activate" (?... not sure) signal)
    should do the trick - but a widget should be nice too :)

    I think this is not a big project. The main problem is to
    design the validator object. Of course, if you have the
    possiblity to get a lot from the Borland code, this should
    be simpler.

    Yours,

    pixel@epita.fr