How to internationalize: GNU or GScript

thinking about internationalizing my app and looking around on the web,
I came across

which lists the GScript project which aims at complete internationalization
of GTK (apps). Through a previous query on this list, I also found

which explains how to internationalize using the GNU approach.

Could anybody who knows, briefly explain what the differences (or added
value, to use a marketing term) for GScript are. Are there any issues with
the GNU ways that GScript solves? Why would I want to use one or the

--> R