Widget questions

  I discovered gtk+ just last week and have decided that it is just what I'm
looking for. I've started reading the included docs and read completely the
New Rider book (much easier to carry on a trip).

  Despite my readings I cannot find the answer to two questions:

1) Is there a list of all the widgets provided with the gtk+ distribution?

2) Is there a data entry validator (called in other development environments
a mask or a pattern)? For example, if a data entry field if for a telephone
number the mask (in Paradox/DOS where my business applications were created)
would be [(###)] ###-####. This means that the field accepts only digits and
if the opening parenthesis is entered by the user, then the closing
parenthesis will automatically be placed after the area code. Also, the
space and hyphen will be added to the text-entry widget field (but not the
field in the database software). Another example, for a US state code the
mask could be && which is interpreted as two (and only two) uppercase
letters.

I expect that someone has already written such a tool, but I've not found
it. BTW, I've tried searching the archives but without success.

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  U.S.A.
+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax)
rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
           Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.