Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk/Gtk--; was: Unidentified subject!

I tried VDK.  I some of the features are very much like Microsoft's MFC.
For example, connecting signals and events to a particalur widget class is
very much like mapping events to the CDocument class in MFC .  Also the
class hiearchy is very much like MFC too ( actually more like ViewKit ).

VDK also has some features that is very much like VB 5.0 or later -
associating
property with objects.  You can set and get properties of an object by
directly
referencing them.  Of course, those are taken care of by overloaded
operators.

However, some of  VDK classes do not have all the features that is
supported by GTK.
For example, there's no member function in VDKObject that allows you to
modify the bitmap
for a cursor - you can only changed the type of the cursor.

So if you like those features, I think you should try VDK.