Re: [gtk-list] Re: Using GtkPreview/gtk_preview_draw_row

Hrmm.. It still doesn't work.  I create a GtkDrawingArea, set it's
width/height, add the GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK to it's events connect the
expose_event signal to a signal handler that draws a rectangle w/ the
given color, and then shows the widget and returns it.  But it still shows
a black rectangle instead of the correct color.  Here's my rect drawing
code from the expose_event handler, I'm supposing it's incorrect:

(swatch is a GtkDrawingArea* instantiated as a GtkWidget*)

---
  GdkGC *gc;

  gc = gdk_gc_new (swatch->window);
  gdk_gc_set_foreground (gc, col);
  gdk_gc_set_background (gc, col);
  gdk_gc_set_fill (gc, GDK_SOLID);
  gdk_draw_rectangle (swatch->window, gc, TRUE, 0, 0, SWATCH_WIDTH,
      SWATCH_HEIGHT);
  gdk_gc_destroy (gc);
  gtk_widget_queue_draw (swatch);
---

I get no Gdk or Gtk ERRORs or WARNINGs, it just displays a black rectangle
instead of the proper color.  Is this code wrong for what I want?

Eden Li
tile@linuxgames.com