GLib-1.2.3 building

Hi!

I'm new to GTK/GDK/GLib--been using Linux for 4 months now and decided to make an app. Now, when building glib I get several warnings like these:

-----
*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -ldl.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

*** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.
----

I get these in a couple of places. If I go to the gmodules dir under glib for instance, I'll get a couple of these warnings. I'm using a stock RedHat 5.2.

Did I fsckd-up my installation? Or what can I do to fix this?

I first noticed this while trying to add gmodule support to my app.

Thanks a lot!
Carlos.