Re: [gtk-list] Re: Timer callbacks stall out (stop getting called)

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Eric Livingston wrote:
> Well, something's definately amiss with gtk, I'm thinking. I rechecked the
> callback function, and it's reliably returning a TRUE (it's of type gint as
> well). After several iterations of returning TRUE, it simply is no longer
> called, while the rest of the program works fine (the non-time related
> stuff...)

Since this works for everyone else and has for years, you must be doing
something quite strange or have a strange configuration. Can you send us
the sample program you're using so we can try to reproduce the bug?

I really don't think it's Gtk; it's worked forever. More likely it's some
idiosyncracy of your system, the programs you're testing, or perhaps a
mistake in your local Gtk build.

Qt is not relevant; clearly this is some very specific and unusual
breakage. "Timeouts" can be implemented in enough ways that some weirdness
of your system could affect Gtk and not Qt.

Havoc