Re: [gtk-list] Timer callbacks stall out (stop getting called)

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Eric Livingston wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why this might be so? What in the gtk library handles
> timeout function callbacks, and is there a way to troubleshoot this area?

Well, it works by calling select() with a timeout, IIRC. Seems like
someone would have noticed if that was broken. Perhaps the kernel release
notes say something about select() behavior.

If this was in a freshly-written program, I could guess wildly that the
timeout incorrectly had a void return value; since a gint is expected, Gtk
gets garbage. A non-zero return leaves the timeout in place, but sooner or
later the garbage might happen to be 0. (OK, not likely but possible.)

Havoc