Re: [gtk-list] Scrolled Area in Notebook Widget

Sven Köpfer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am a beginner with gtk and i think its an easy question ;-))
Yes it seems so. I never had to really implement this, though.

> i have an application with menu, toolbar and an notebook widget in the
> front. With a "New" Button i get a new page for the notebook. No
> problem, but now my question: I need in the notebook page a bigger area
> then the screen width. It's not a problem, because we have the scrolled
> window. But how can i make that ???
What I would do in your case is:

Take a look at the nice program "testgtk".
This is included in the source distribution - I am not sure
whether the RPM's (or whatever binary version you might use)
does include this.
There are several places where text is scrolled or scrolled
windows are used, e.g.
	- test srolling
	- scrolled windows
	- text (only vertical scrolling)
This might help you getting started.

I saw your request twice. I am not sure whether the requests from
germany or switzerland will get to the list, at all.

I did request some help / guidance for a runtime problem with testgtk
on Solaris 2.5.1 but NO ANSWER, yet.

HTH,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG