gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm's and X memory

Hi,

I have made some small program which uses about 500 times
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm and simply ends without doing something
usefull.

Everything is ok. But when the program ends my X server takes a big
part of my memory

 2613 root       0   0 35116 8012  2812 S       0  1.1 25.6  10:20 X

I think that there is some problem in gdk. Before running my program X
takes about 8megs... Sorry, but I do not have time to debug it
completely, but I can provide more info on request.

Linux 2.2.0
Glibc
Red Hat 5.x
X 3.3.1