glib 1.13, missing lib

When compiling glib, it fails when linking testgmodule because -ldl is
missing. If I compile with LIBS="-ldl" it works. This is with the
latest version from CVS.

I am CCing gnome-list since I am having the same problem with
gnome-libs (also fresh from CVS).

My system is a heavily modified RedHat 4.2 (x86) running the 2.0.36
kernel. More information available if requested (but since it's a
simple missing lib, it shouldn't be).
--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
QOTD: