Re: [gtk-list] Re: The plugin approach to internationalization - request for contact person

Just a note on the font/text presentation issue: a _lot_ of work has been
done by various companies and groups on this, and ignoring that work won't
serve anyone's purpose. As an example, both Apple and Microsoft have
extensions to TrueType fonts which include sophistaced rendering
techniques, including contextual glyph selection. (Not that this is a
solution for the more general problem of formatting a text stream.)

On the other hand, intellectual property can be an issue here. Please be
careful not to "borrow" something that you (and we/Gtk) don't own.

(I don't mean to imply that anyones work is of less then stellar quality,
just that it might not be necessary to reinvent the wheel. Then again,
maybe nobody else has decent wheels yet.)