suggestions on how to make drop downs from buttons

In Netscape, clicking on the Back/Forward buttons and holding, will
create a drop down menu of sites to go back to.

How would go about doing this in GTK?

I'm thinking that I could start a timer on button down, then wait for
button up.  If the timer expires, create the drop down window, probably
menu items.

Is there a better way?  Or a widget that would help?

Brandon
--
 Brandon Long       "Support bacteria - they're the only culture some
 Fiction Networks            people have"         -- Steven Wright