History

I'm curious about the origins of the GTK+ API.  A student of mine with
Windows experience is telling me that it looks very, very similar to
the Borland OWL toolkit (which I have zero experience with).  Was that
an inspiration early on?  Or is this a matter of all graphics APIs
looking pretty similar at some level....
--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002