Re: [gtk-list] glibc based GTK apps changing languages on the fly

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 01:56:26PM -0500, Tarek Chammah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can Gtk/Gnome glibc-based applications change languages (like menus
> changing from one language to another and so forth) on the fly?
>
> For example you go the the "Language" menu and change the current
> language used in the application from English to Spanish or Arabic and the
> application changes languages on the fly without restarting.

Wow! That would be so cool!

There could be a "Language" control-center applet for gnome, where you could
change the language, and suddenly all your apps would change language... That
would be SO cool... *drool*

Ian

--
Ian McKellar           imckellar@harvestroad.com.au
Web Author / Programmer      Phone: +61 8 9389 6200

Tell me do you really know your brother man
Cause a heart speaks louder than a colour can
And why would you even shake a man's hand
If you're not going to help him stand
                            -- Ben Harper (Jah Work)

PGP signature