Re: [gtk-list] Re: Implementing "modeless" dialogs as in Photoshop

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Ionutz Borcoman wrote:

> Marcus Brubaker wrote:
> >
> > I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think in theory what you would do is
> > setup a signal handler for your main window for the minimize signal.  Have
> > the signal handler go through and minimize all your popup windows and
> > dialogs.
> >
> Hi,
>
> I am also interested in this. Maybe for others it is obvious, but I fail
> to understand how to do similar things with gtk/gdk. Do I have to go to
> core X ?
>
> What I actually want is:
> 1. make the app to know what state is in and when the state is changed
> by user imput (via window manager) but I don't seen any minimize/restore
> signal in gtk;
> 2. let the app change its state Iconified <-> NormalState depending of
> other events (I want my app to minimize itself after some action is
> finished and deiconify after some time, all without user interaction).

You are indeed right, there is no minimize signal defined.  Check around
in Gdk, you might find something there or you might have to use straight
X.  Someone who knows more about this want to comment?

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

"Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner."